The Civil Service Commission (or "CSC" for short) is a three-member board of community members appointed by the Sunriver Service District Managing Board ("DMB"). The CSC meets quarterly, if necessary, and are tasked with the following:
- Adopt/revise by majority vote the SSD Civil Service Rules ("Rules")
- Assist in the development of and monitoring of a budget for the DCSC to be authorized by the DMB
- Oversee implementation of the Rules, including hiring, promotion and termination activities specified therein, taking through majority consensus any action necessary to ensure enforcement of the Rules.
- Select candidates to fill vacancies under the Rules by majority vote according to the procedures outlined in the Rules.
- Recommend by majority vote persons to fill vacancies which may occur from time to time in the DCSC to the DMB.
Sunriver Service District